Saturday, March 17, 2012

Small world department

Today's email brought:
Dear Mr. Charles Deemer,

I stumbled across Baumholder 1961 on Amazon, downloaded it to my Kindle, and only then realized that you must be the guy I knew at Monterey in 1960 as "Bob" Deemer, singing folksongs with Mel Chase and playing softball with Larry Knauff, Pete Gall, Marshall Bump et al.  Your novella brought back a lot of memories, most of them actually good.  While on active duty I carped and complained about the Army as much as anyone, but I look back on those 3 years now as an experience for which I'm actually grateful.  

I just looked at your blog for the first time and see that you still follow college basketball closely.  My hoop days are long over, and I can't tell you how much I miss them, but it's just too hard to dunk at age 75.

Thanks for the novella.  I enjoyed it immensely.  
This is what makes being a writer really, really cool upon occasion.

This novella has worn very well with me. I consider it among my best works. (Available at both Amazon and Smashwords.)

No comments: