Friday, March 23, 2012

How to make perfect iced coffee

Took a while to get here but here's a great method.


  • Get a large French press. I recommend the 1.5 litre Bodum, available here. Great functional design makes the process very easy.
  • Fill container with 1 to 1.5 cups of coarsely ground coffee, your blend of choice.
  • Add cold water (tap or filtered, I use tap), filling half way up. Stir with a wooden spoon. 
  • Top with water to about half inch from top, stir. 
  • Put on storage lid (Bodum has 2 lids) and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. 
  • Take out. Replace storage lid with press lid. Slowly press grounds down. Makes about 40 oz of coffee. 
  • Pour over ice, water to taste (I add about 10% water in 24 ounce glass).  Cream to taste (I usually have black). 
  • Cleanup, which is a breeze. Drink and enjoy! A foolproof method for perfect iced coffee.
I get two large glasses out of this, one in morning, one in afternoon, after which I make a new batch to be ready the next morning. If I want more coffee, make a cup of hot with my espresso hand pump.

No comments: