Sunday, November 27, 2011

Eastern Shore

I just noticed Portland State has an away game, playing Maryland - Eastern Shore. They travel there!? or is the game at a neutral site. A 3000 mile trip for a pre-season game seems a bit much. Maryland-ES is down the highway from Salisbury. They dedicated a big jazz center and auditorium when I lived there in the mid-70s. The present Salisbury University was called Salisbury State College then. Later all the state colleges in the land got a hair up their butt to be called universities.

Living on the Eastern Shore inspired my West Meets East Talkin' Misery Blues.

Have a late script to read today but I've been putting it off, enjoying my leisure, brooding about the novel.

I'll be ready to get some focused heavy duty work on the manuscript during my long break. About a month off.

No comments: