Sunday, July 31, 2011

The deal sucks

This deal really sucks. From Daily Kos:
Let's keep this simple, and let's not kid ourselves:
If the committee fails to reach $1.2 trillion, it will trigger an automatic across the board spending cut, half from domestic spending, half from defense spending, of $1.5 trillion. The domestic cuts come from Medicare providers, but Medicaid and Social Security would be exempted. The enforcement mechanism carves out programs that help the poor and veterans as well.
If the committee fails? As if the Republicans want it to succeed. All they have to do is to ensure that it will fail and then there will be $750,000,000,000 of domestic spending cuts.
It will get worse.
I mean, are Democrats so stupid that they believe Republicans want this committee to succeed -- when they get huge domestic cuts if it fails? This is insane.

1 comment:

Doctor Panacea said...

I agree with you, Charles. The whole thing is ultimately just going to be a scam to put money into the pockets of the health insurance companies. That will be the effect of cutting money to "Medicare providers" - i.e., the doctors.

As a physician, I know that the elderly will need medical care. The ones who are healthy enough to get any insurance at all with their "vouchers" will buy some kind of really crappy insurance, with a high deductible, and the sicker people will just show up at the hospital for care, which we will provide for free.

Now my fellow physicians, most of whom in my part of the country are right-wing turds anyway, will really hate Medicare.

I could say a lot more, but I am afraid I will say too much about how I really feel about the worthless Democrats and the criminal Republicans.