Sunday, April 10, 2011

Golf

I never played golf, and the only regular golf player I knew was my close friend, Ger (gone about a decade now). Ger turned me on to watching golf, emphasizing the mental aspects of the game. And the mental aspects were never more important than on today's final rounds of the Masters, where a 21 year old golfer started the day with a lead of 4 -- until Tiger Woods started hitting eagles and birdies and came from six back to tie, at which point the pressure totally and completely unraveled this young leader, in a sad display of losing it -- and he's still losing it, from 4 ahead to 5 behind, and the day isn't over yet. 7 are in close contention now, with Tiger among them. It will be an exciting finish and maybe even a playoff. Great distraction for a Sunday afternoon.

And tonight are the final two episodes of the Kennedys miniseries, which I love. AND I have been practicing banjo all day and am getting Bill Cheatum down.

No comments: