Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ducks in a row

I feel very liberated. This is because I have a sense of all my ducks lined up in a row, as they say, and now the only thing between me and what I hope to accomplish, which is an animated chamber opera, is hard work. Hard work I can do. I can ...
  • compose the music in Finale and export it as a sound file
  • create sets and characters in Alice
  • choreograph action in Alice to match the lyrics of the music
  • synchronize characters "singing" the lyrics
  • use various film effects while editing in Premiere Elements to make it more interesting
  • export as a final digital film and put it online
In other words, I can do everything myself. What this really means is I don't have the hassle of scheduling when other artists are available to work for FREE ha ha. Which tends to slow me down, since even as an old man I have considerable obsessive energy to move projects forward.

The hardest technical task is learning the fine parts of Alice. The hardest creative task is writing interesting music.

But there they are, all lined up, quack quack quack.

No comments: