Sunday, April 18, 2010

Was I really once a jock?

Every year it gets harder to push the ol' reel mower through the high grass. We did yard work and we're both exhausted sooner rather than later, compared to last year. Ah, me. Well, maybe we can hang in there until we sell out in a few years.

Once upon a time, when I sent out an email, I'd receive a reply. Now I have three outstanding emails to non-strangers out there, nary a response. Did I end up in spam? Am I 86ed? Did folks die without my hearing about it?

I still have a script to read but I'll push it back until first thing in the morning. Don't like to read student work at less than full mental capacity, and I'm seeing little spots.

Mariners, on a 4 game winning streak, a run behind late in the game. I'll watch and hope for a comeback.

We had lunch at a Chinese buffet we like with fascinating demographics: today, as usually, it was filled with 90% Hispanics. Hispanics seem to make this a major hangout. I never have seen a Chinese in there. It's a terrific place for what it is and my friend Ger loved it when I introduced him to it.  Alas, a few months later he was dead.

Lunch tomorrow with a guy I went through the Language School in Monterey with, the one who discovered Baumholder 1961 and bought copies for his kids. Haven't seen him since 1962!

No comments: