Friday, April 23, 2010

Grunt work

Spent 3 hrs this morning doing some necessary grunt work that I've been putting off, some research of sorts that needed doing before I can begin a project. A commercial project, which I generally avoid in my old age. But this one has staying power and if it doesn't sell this year, it's no less commercial next year and the year after that -- which is to say, it's a new take on a classic. I've had the idea for over 20 years. Thought I'd better do it before someone else does, and the culture is more ready for it now than before. And somebody else will think of it if they haven't already. It's not hard to do once the research is done but the research, well, it was like pulling teeth, just good old-fashioned grunt work, and I tend to avoid this in my old age and stick to activity that is FUN in some way. Grunt work is rarely fun.

But it's done! Now the fun part of the project can begin. Let me go out on a limb. I will finish this before summer and sell it before the end of the year. Famous last words? We'll see. I accept the challenge.

No comments: