Friday, December 07, 2007

Frantic Friday

A very busy day, and busy weekend, ahead, piano class, grading, trying to tie loose ends together. It may be Saturday or even Sunday before I get all my grades in. I'm about 80% done.

I have a huge, HUGE amount of work to do in order to get the new issue of Oregon Literary Review out by the end of the year. Not editing stuff so much as computer coding stuff. Geek stuff. But it's always satisfying to see it all come together.

I'm working on getting the old domain straightened out, jumping through hoops. Access to OLR has really been down since the crash of the old host.

I thought I was retired as a playwright but an idea for a three-character play came to me in almost whole cloth, and I really like it. I suppose I could write it and stick it in the archive. I don't think I have the energy for all the networking that's required to get a play produced; I'm definitely, absolutely, in the "solitary" mode of my writing career, my way or the highway, and doing as much as possible that requires no help from anyone at all. Maybe, if I actually start writing plays again, I could think of them as a body of unproduced posthumous work. There have been playwrights (O'Neill comes to mind) who did some of their best work this way.

No comments: