Monday, December 10, 2007

Domain soap opera

Will this never end? The latest ...

This is all very disconcerting, IMO. Originally there was a form at Avidhosting.com. Then that page was forwarded to http://avidhosting.oneavenue.com and One Avenue Networks mentioned they had "obtained control of all active avidhosting clients....etc.. I can't quote that because the link is no longer on the server!!!! Why is IT gone too?? What is going on here?


The above is quoted from avidhosting.org, a site put up by another avidhosting.com victim who is documenting this continuing mess. I have no idea how many websites have been screwed up by them. Fortunately, I was able to upload everything to a different host quickly ... but the problem remains that the avid URL, which alas is what most folks bookmarked, now goes nowhere and will continue to until I can get control of the domain, which after all I own, but to do this, to transfer it, I need the cooperation of avid, which doesn't exist. Catch-22.

No comments: