Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Today's plan

I pile of student scripts to evaluate, early drafts, so I doubt if I'll get anything else done today. That's fine -- it's teaching mode time. All new projects are in good order, and this weekend maybe I'll take a peek at the completed splay draft and see what needs to be done. I also have a story nudge to incorporate into the new splay. Something I've long wanted to do: have a character who plays jazz piano. This will be the old dude. He led a trio that was pretty well known. He'll look up his former drummer on his adventures. And he's going to get in a hell of a lot of trouble through no real fault of his own. I can hear my agent now: "Crank it up! Make it big!" Yes sir, yes sir. (And for relief, there's the posthumous play, which I can make as "small" and "subtle" as I want ha ha!)

No comments: