Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hyperdrama

I've been invited to speak at the Hypertext 08 conference in Pittsburg in June. These academic affairs don't pay you, usually, and so it's too spendy for what I'd get out of it at this late date, needing nothing on my resume ha ha, but I made a counter-proposal they are interested in: I give a video lecture-demonstration on hyperdrama to the conference, which I could do from here. So they want a formal proposal.

As part of that, I may do what I've been inkling to do, write and produce a video hyperdrama ... short dramatic clips that end with the observer having to make a choice about which narrative thread to follow, which then leads to the next clip. You could do something really interesting with six or eight actors. 30 sec to 1 min. clips before the narrative branches. I'd have to shoot it this spring but that's doable. Very seriously considering this.

No comments: