Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hyperdrama progress

Well, I think I have the characters and concept to get me started. I'm going to develop this with the outstanding hypertext writing software, StorySpace. One of the invaluable specialty writing tools out there.

The story is about an addict jazz musician under virtual house arrest, living at his sister's, trying to get straight; and how a couple figures from his past help him fake a relapse in order to escape and catch a gig in Mexico. Several reversals in the narrative, should work out for my purpose, which is to demonstrate how hyperdrama works as dramatic narrative. A sudden and exciting project! Best, "my actors," the ones I worked with last summer, are enthusiastic to participate in this.

I might even be able to write the script this weekend, it will be so short. Maybe 10 or 20 pages. The difficult part of this project, the really difficult part, is thinking through the hypertext structure correctly, making the clips right, and then editing and weaving everything together and coding a web page right to deliver it. But I love doing this stuff.

I don't think there are too many hyperdrama videos out there.

No comments: