Monday, January 22, 2007

You gotta love this guy



At 69, Anthony Hopkins feels like a film rebel

By Bob Tourtellotte Mon Jan 22, 4:06 PM ET

PARK CITY, Utah (Reuters) - He's an Oscar-winning actor with roles such as serial killer Hannibal "the cannibal" Lecter, but at age 69,Anthony Hopkins said he has arrived at a new, rebellious stage of life directing low-budget art films.

Hopkins' "Slipstream," which premiered this weekend at the Sundance Film Festival, marks the veteran actor's debut as a first-time filmmaker and is part of a new edition to Sundance called "New Frontier" where art and cinema collide.

"Yeah, I'm a rebel. I want to poke people, not to cause pain, but just make people wake up," Hopkins told Reuters late on Sunday. "I feel I've arrived. I feel I'm starting anew ... I got a feeling I can be a guerrilla movie director."

Read the story.

No comments: