Friday, January 26, 2007

Another week ends

3 weeks of school down the drain. Quite amazing. How time flies.

A lot of piano practicing to do this morning before my lesson!

Baumholder, the novel, is looking good so far. One foot after the other. Patience and faith. I hope I can finish the draft before summer, which would make summer a joyous time of rewriting, with a fresh slate for fall and maybe getting back to Sally.

I am in chapter 2 on the novel. Chapters 1 and 2 are largely Bass' point of view. For 3 and 4, I think I'll turn to the other two major viewpoint characters. I hope I've got the tension taut enough. I'll worry about all the refinements later, after the draft is down.

The book from Reed College has come out in paperback, the one about GIs and Frauleins, so I ordered a copy. This is one I want to mark up and use to inform the historical foundation of my story.

I'm in a good space right now. May I remain so for a while ha ha.

No comments: