Friday, November 09, 2012

A productive morning

Good writing and even better decision making on The Reluctant Suicide this morning. My new protagonist, Brinkley, is a retired opera singer, who never really made it, and a wannabe composer who has been working on his Ipad on the road, using a keyboard app, on something he calls "musical and dramatic notes for a chamber opera" with the working title "The Reluctant Suicide." Ah, how life becomes art and vice versa! Maybe the border disappears with age and that's when I'll be an old fart mumbling to myself all the time. Interesting idea, more comic than frightening.

At any rate, I think I have the set up I want now. I see a 3 part structure ... the set up ... a flashback section of the relationship between Brinkley and CJ ... and back to present, scattering CJ's ashes -- and whatever happens to Brinkley. Matt is major in parts one and three.

Something to work with, at any rate. In no hurry whatsoever. The slower I work, the less I have to write later ha ha!

No comments: