Friday, November 12, 2010

Where is Wayne Morse when we need him?

Deceased. But one thing about Sen. Morse, he never hid his moral outrage. That's what we need today, politicians capable of showing moral outrage at the greed that's ruling our affairs. Obama is such a wimp. Will he stand up to the Republicans on anything? Hillary Clinton would. She has balls. Obama is too goddamn nice to be a president and should retire and return to being a law professor. Let Clinton run in 2012. Fat chance. Why in hell did I vote for Obama over Clinton? Major regret.

My 1989 teleplay about Wayne Morse. This was commissioned by Oregon Pubic Broadcasting after the success of Christmas at the Juniper Tavern. Paid me well. However, in the year plus I worked on it, the administration at the station changed and the new guys were not enthralled with feisty Morse at all. Later I converted the script to a one-man stage play, which took years to find a home but finally did and toured a few years back. Interesting how much money I've made on projects that never happened in the end. I still prefer the teleplay to the stage play,

No comments: