Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Book release

Now Write! Screenwriting will be coming out in January, I'm told. Yours truly is a contributor. So, I see, is my local colleague Bill Johnson. Along with the usual gurus -- Seger, Field, Hauge, Trottier, Walter -- and a host of others, including screenwriters of successful films. I am curious to see the book and see if I have use for it in class. I've been thinking of doing more screenwriting exercises early on.

I can't even remember what my contribution was, it was so long ago. Maybe I can find it on my hard drive.





Found it. "Stop shooting yourself in the foot" is the title of my contribution. One of my pet peeves, screenwriters who are their own worst enemy because they don't understand the difference between a literary document and a blueprint for a movie, which is a BUSINESS document.

No comments: