Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Slow transition

As I wait for Nov. 10th, I already am making a slow transition to my new direction, music front burner. Practicing banjo, and my chops are coming back quickly. Not so quickly on piano, however, and my left hand is sore from unused muscles for boogie woogie baselines. But it's fun to be back at each.

I may not get in the "art song" mode until the term is over, however.

The post-film funk has been greater than the usual funk at the end of a project. Maybe because I have a sense of more than a project ending. Maybe because my defenses are spent from fighting off the recent virus. Maybe because I'm an older fart than the last time. Maybe all of the above. Maybe none of the above.

Sketch, bless his doggy heart, keeps me laughing, and as long as Sketch keeps me laughing -- a true Zen clown, that animal! -- I'll get through whatever the gods throw at me.

No comments: