Saturday, November 13, 2010

Micro-movies have a great future

The more I think about it, the more I think movies made specifically for electronic devices will become a cottage industry. The audience is there already. The ability to make a movie for zero budget has been demonstrated. The economic model to survive doing this is in place at the iTunes store and elsewhere. At a dollar a download, you don't need many to make this a viable business. This can happen: serious filmmakers can make serious films and survive doing it, once everything falls into place. The momentum has started.

1 comment:

Gerry said...

I went to the small video link and spent the time to watch the Director's cut of the movie since you said you enjoyed that. I am going to do a blog entry on this movie since I know it would interest my sons, Raymond and Dan, who are both filmmakers, in fact they did a series called Caffeine on a web site when Raymond was a theater teacher at charter high school, Metro Arts. Raymond did promise to make a video with me this coming Wed. before he goes on to Austin. My channel where I have done 6 of my plays, either improvs or readings is GerryKing40 Youtube. I have done about 285 videos most with my partner Doc. I will review the movie "Farewell Wake" in my blog! And send people to the link to watch it. Those that I think may be interested! My power is small but I will exercise it.