Friday, November 12, 2010

Micro-movies as theater-in-the-round

Watching, proofing, the DVD for the boxed edition, a quiet viewing on my TV, and it occurred to me that this has the intimacy of theater-in-the-round. Even moreso watching it on a smaller screen on the computer. Requires quiet attention. And this is one of the strengths of the form, this new form, zero budget micro movies. Imagine what talented young people are going to do, no doubt have been doing, with this form.

I converted several of my films so they can be shown on Blackberries -- and with an even smaller screen, they look even better, they look like a Hollywood movie looks on a Blackberry. Put them on a Blackberry and micro movies hold their own. This is the level playing field for this art form.

And if you go through the itunes store and others, there's even a bit of change to be made. I'm giving mine away free, of course. Pointless not to at this stage of my life.

And what better way to celebrate the project's final end than with a Saturday morning opera!

I really like the Director's Cut, I think it is so much better than the longer version. I was dreading having to watch it again, to proof the DVD, but came to enjoy it immensely This is a project to be proud of, a collaborative film in the best sense of the term.

And I'm approving the DVD and ordering my boxed editions.

No comments: