Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lah de dah

Quiet office hours. One student came by for a brief visit and update.

UCLA-Washington football game tonight, and I should get home early enough to catch the end of it. Will have it on TiVo at any rate.

Not much happening with the film. Not that I expected anything. But it's nice to be surprised. Nice to find out somebody somewhere really digs it.

Yes, "having written" is so much less exciting than "writing." I have no idea why Dorothy Parker felt otherwise.

I recall a scene in the film Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle, a great title, in which as an old lady she gets some award or other. She's a bit drunk, as she often was in her life, and staggers on stage to say, "It's about time." Love it!

May the gods bless the ego of the artist, say I. It's often the only thing that keeps her going.

No comments: