Monday, November 01, 2010

I like being a pod person

According to the morning International Herald Tribune, the only paper I read any more (it's the NY Times, really, in an internatonal edition), it's not cool to make coffee with the new pods. Robs the experience of ritual and romance. Wrong. Bull, bull, bull, I saw with a fresh "pod cup" at hand. I have added ritual to my morning and save money besides by skipping an early trip to Starbucks. I love my hand pump, which brings as much ritual to me as my netbook, which goes on as I head for the kitchen for the pump. The IHT writer doesn't know what he is talking about.

I like rituals. Rituals are important. Sketch has a morning ritual. I let him out and he runs around the yard and does his business. Normally I watch from the deck. Today I came in to make coffee -- and in no time Sketch was at the door, where are you?, and the ritual didn't continue until I was out there watching him do his business, after which he could sprint around in celebration before coming back in.

No comments: