Friday, November 12, 2010

Good timing

A fine accident to have the day off from school on the day after the showing of the film. I have time to mellow out. I'm ever so slowly getting excited about the challenge of the next project, making an Art Song Music Video. This can't possible work without a great singer but I trust the gods here, and the fact that we have a good opera company with many talented younger singers and interns, and this would be such a showcase, I think I'll have several talented singers to choose from. We'll see. I'll be disappointed if I'm wrong.

I have no deadline for this but I hope I am ready to shoot in summer, 2011. That gives me a lot of time to find the source material for lyrics, to compose and refine the music, and to find and audition singers. As near as I can tell, there aren't a hell of a lot of Art Song Music Videos out there. Maybe I can start a craze ha ha.

No comments: