Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The trip

Random thoughts about the Idaho trip:
  • The psychic exhaustion surprised me. I'm used to greater physical exhaustion during travel as I age but this trip into my late buddy's home turf, to visit his mom and sons, brought a sadness of his passing that caught me off guard, or I suppose its intensity is what surprised me.
  • The west still has vast open spaces, despite growth. On the small roads of northern Idaho and eastern Washington, palouse country, not much has changed to the eye.
  • I don't enjoy traveling as much as I used to. I suppose I'll continue to do less of it.
  • We already decided that next summer's trip will be different, less travel and more staying put, rent a cabin somewhere and spend a week or so.
  • It's always great to return home.



Went to the university and signed my contract for the year. Feels official.

My online hyperdrama class will be a tough challenge: it's 15 weeks, starting in late January. I hope I get the minimum number of students.

Picked up some Chesterton books. Thinking of maybe writing a one-person script.

Man, it's nice to be home. Sketch, a superb traveler, thinks so, too.

No comments: