Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Morning things

When I awake in the morning, I usually put my radio earplugs in and catch NPR's Morning Edition. However, I stopped doing that about a month ago, tuning into ESPN radio instead. The news once again has gotten too depressing and, moreso, too predictable. I was hoping for a new political rhythm with Obama but he can't buckle the old habits. For all his strengths, his weakness is shyness about taking on the opposition. He may be too nice to be president, trying to please too many folks. We need some scolding rhetoric from him, FDR rhetoric, and we've gotten a tiny bit of that but not nearly enough.

So I listen to sports instead, as good an escape as any.


Looks like a good class! Small world. A lady auditing the class was a volunteer for the New Rose Theatre 25 yrs ago when I was the resident playwright.


Helping H load up art for her next opening this morning. Lots of physical labor to being a painter!


After helping H, want to spend time with my ass in my 0ffice chair, looking around, getting ready for the long fall term haul of writing and studying.


I made a 25th anniversary DVD of JT, for friends, maybe to sell at cost at the showing.

No comments: