Monday, February 18, 2008

Holiday, what holiday?

One of those holidays that doesn't feel like one. Of course, if I had a 9-5 job and the day off, I'd dig it. What's amazing, in retrospect, is that in the past half century, I've had a "9 to 5 job" for less than ten years. As a writer, I worked project to project rather than in an office. My teaching gig is part-time. So I have very little "employment experience" in the package that most folks work within. My last 9-5 job was in the 80s, managing editor of Oregon Business Magazine. No wonder I'm so ornery, with such little experience at having a boss ha ha.

Student work to look at today, plus my own chores and projects and music practice and such. And the sun is out! Maybe I should try and get out into sunshine. Supposed to rain tomorrow.

Actually, from another perspective, I have a sense of working 24/7 and always have.

No comments: