Thursday, March 29, 2007

Soundtrack

In many, perhaps most, productions of Thornton Wilder's Our Town, there's a moment when the Stage Manager points out that so-and-so is mowing his lawn -- and then we hear the sound of an old-fashioned reel mower, a nostalgic sound indeed. Well, my neighborhood just got its nostalgic fill because I've been pushing the vintage Scotts around and, by the gods, the lawn is looking pretty damn good.

I thought I was going to enter molecular recycling earlier today in the kitchen. I was eating lunch and something stuck in my throat. I couldn't breathe. Nobody around to pull that maneuver to get me to cough it up, so I turned deep shades of red, I'm sure, scaring the dog, scaring myself, gagging and coughing, before I slowly recovered and got to breathing again. Close call, I think.

Finished a section on the novel today. Also a tad more work on the splay, up to page 40.

I'm seeing if there's interest in an online screenwriting class, starting May 7. If I get at least five students, I'll do it.

No comments: