Monday, November 27, 2006

This afternoon

Finished up the scripts. Now to their query letters: I have them pretend I'm a producer and pitch their script to me.

I discovered I'm almost out of paper. The box I thought was at least partially full was empty, so I ran out to get a full box. I have a big printing job to do soon, probably Wednesday. This is the time of year, buried in scripts, when I get behind in everything else. But in about 10 days, my grades will be in!

We got our smattering of snow but nothing that stuck long. Another storm due tonight. The last thing I need is for tomorrow to be cancelled at the university since I won't be able to make the day up. If we get an inch sticking, they may well cancel! That's how weird everyone gets with snow around here.

Been playing with some story structure software and I rather like it. I'll give a report later if I still like it. One of those programs where you move cards around on your screen, structuring your story.

Got an unexpected phone call from an agent in Chicago who asked to see a few things. Never fails: about the time I decide it's finally time to leave the marketplace, somebody tries to lure me back in. I usually take the bait.

Pity the planet, all joy gone
from this sweet volcanic cone;
peace to our children when they fall
in small war on the heels of small
war--until the end of time
to police the earth, a ghost
orbiting forever lost
in our monotonous sublime.

Robert Lowell

This is the closing stanza of a long poem. It struck my fancy.

No comments: