Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thanksgiving II

I just learned we're not even having turkey at Thanksgiving! They should have told us before we accepted. We decided, fine, we'll get a turkey and have a second Thanksgiving for ourselves.

I may even make my two traditional Thanksgiving dishes, shrimp aspic and oyster dressing. I actually haven't made them in years.

Lynne Fuqua

Change of subject. I just learned my dear friend Lynne in L.A. is giving herself a birthday present in January with a solo trip to Paris. A big deal for her! I need to find some unusual excellent guides for her. Suggestions welcome.

P.S. LATER ... I have a poet friend in Paris! Also named Lynn. I think they'd hit it off, and it gives LA L. a contact in a strange city. Paris L is from the Oregon Coast and survives in Paris by teaching writing classes for Oregon community colleges via the Internet! Not a bad gig. She also has a PhD in French. And an MFA in fiction. Very degreed ha ha.

No comments: