Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Class, week 3

Now we start spending most of our time on student work, so the "real class" begins. I always look forward to it. A busy day and school week, therefore.

Got a brainstorm last night related to my outside-in experiment, which if fruitful would keep me busy for a longer time than I probably have left. I discovered I have 16 screenplays I still "own up to," stories I like -- and each very easily could be redone as a Kindle novel. A novelization of a screenplay, 16 times. I'm beginning with my one and only vampire story, and we'll see how it goes. I'll submit it under a pseudonym. Just the right combination of mostly grunt work, minor creative work, to keep the juices flowing without stress and soul-searching. I think it would be depressing if this experiment were too successful but really cool if it brought in some coffee money.

Looking forward to class today.

No comments: