Saturday, July 31, 2010

What is possible today

Dan Yost (see link to interview in earlier entry) shot a feature in 3 and a half days, largely improvised with the lead actors, Robert Blanche and Sarah Rosenberg, who are outstanding,  The edited result is an engaging film with strengths and a few weaknesses. I love the first fifteen or twenty minutes, the set up of the story, and I mean big time, but to my tastes the story loses momentum and focus through the middle, not fulfilling the promise of the beginning, and the resolution suffers as a result -- a good film instead of a great one. All the same, this is an example of what present technology, in the hands of skilled people, can do. A feature shot it less than a week! It's also well edited. I recommend this. An amazing accomplishment, really. Makes me want to try something similar. Check it out.

Shooting Nick

No comments: