Monday, October 12, 2009

Looking down the road

My work schedule for the rest of the year has come into clearer focus. Missing is a video project. The next in line are short scripts by John Donnelly but I don't have the energy level to tackle it now, and I don't anticipate having it before the end of the year. I still want to do it, and it's first in the video line of creative projects. I still shoot video for the journal, of course.

Instead, some leisurely writing projects. First the army material, recast as a novella. I feel certain this is my 40-year solution. Next up, a collection of related short stories set in my Juniper County, a book in the tradition of Sherwood Anderson and Hamlin Garland. Very out of fashion. Perfect.

And with a clean bill of health and a flu shot, well, no time to start like the present. What a good day.

No comments: