Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Iced coffee, step one, A+

First step of my iced coffee experiment, prep and delivery, and nothing could have been easier. If the cleanup is as easy as advertised, this is a winner. The large press holds 52 oz, a batch making two large beverages. I am not terribly fond of the blend I used but this is not a problem when I'm testing the methodology. I can always buy the Starbucks blend at the store but I'll experiment first, which will be more fun. Find my own special blend for my tastes.

So I can make the perfect cup of hot coffee with my espresso hand pump and soon I'll be making the perfect iced coffee in the large French press. Both gadgets, by the way, are designed terrifically for the task at hand. Both made in Europe (too bad). Both reasonably priced, especially the press.

I'll have another this afternoon so I can test the cleanup. I suspect it will be easy, as advertised. Then it's finding "my" blend.

No comments: