Sunday, April 11, 2010

R.I.P.: voice of Jiminy Cricket


"His family tells me that Eddie Carroll, who touched countless people's lives as the voice of Jiminy Cricket for almost 40 years, died of a brain tumor on April 6th. He was 66. Jiminy Cricket is the longest recurring character voice actor in the Disney stable of characters, and Carroll took over from the late Cliff Edwards, the original voice, in 1973. "He absolutely loved performing the voice," Rick Dempsey, SVP of Disney Character Voices told the studio in-house newsletter. "He was so into the character and truly took to heart what Jiminy was all about."

Source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of all the charactors I have come across, Jiminy Cricket spoke to my heart personally. The image, the soul and voice is a part of me. The original voice provided by Mr. Carrol will live on forever in the hearts of many.

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. Mr. Carrol

Forever loved.

--
<3 J <3 I <3 M <3 I <3 N <3 Y<3