Friday, December 24, 2010

Next week

Next week I have to get serious about preparing for winter term, composing music for my art song video, cleaning my office, practicing banjo ... and surely a few other things.

The highlight of the break thus far is clearly my new energy for reading, thanks largely to the Kindle. I truly am reading up a storm, as if making up for lost time. I hope I can continue once school starts and I have so much "official" and "required" reading to do.

H off to pick up her grandson, who is spending Xmas with us as he spent Thanksgiving. He's 17 and a good kid, especially given his terrible childhood with an addict mother, H's daughter. Now he's in a program near Seattle and about to turn 18. Not sure what he does after that.

Did some Xmas shopping with H in the zoo out there this morning. We were only gone a couple hours, so I didn't mind it. Rather enjoyed the people watching and craziness of it all.

No comments: