Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The evolving screenplay

One of my recent pet theories is that the contemporary spec screenplay can evolve into a literary document for the general reader, specializing in ebook delivery, a vertical read. I've tried to get my students excited about this, a new form of storytelling designed specifically for ebook delivery, based on the spec screenplay.

With my new infatuation with Kindle and Smashwords, I may try this experiment myself. That is, take an old screenplay, already written, and modify it into an ebook novel designed specifically to be read on electronic devices. The same condensed minimalist approach as a spec script, a vertical read. This could be a very interesting experiment.

1 comment:

Cat said...

That sounds really interesting. I am really curious at what the result would look like.