Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Sunday ritual

One of the bargains on Kindle is the Sunday New York Times for 99 cents. This will be a regular download and give me a lot of Sunday morning reading. Not presently, however, though I just downloaded it. I'm up and awake for some reason, down in my chilly basement office so I don't wake our house guest.

Last day of "vacation" before I must seriously start thinking of the new term, which requires a bit of preparation. Then in the spring I am adding a new book, the anthology to which I contributed, which is full of short useful pieces from all the screenwriting gurus in the land and a few dozen teachers like myself as well.

Sketch got three toys for Christmas. One he destroyed in about 30 seconds. The second took maybe two hours. Now he's working on the third. A rat terrier, I suppose he thinks they are rats. They squeak with more gusto than a rat would. At least I think so.

Next interesting bowl game is Thursday when Washington plays Nebraska. And the Connecticut women play Stanford the same night, which should be a great game. I may even root for Stanford.

I have no use for professional basketball and won't until they raise the basket a few feet.

No comments: