Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Why I'm an alien

Been revisiting The Event, a sci fi thriller on NBC a few years back, and enjoying the hell out of it. Thought I'd post some good reviews since I dig it so much. I can't find any. It bombed. Cancelled after one season, which I knew (but thought it was like a mini series, complete in 20 odd episodes). So, I who seldom find pop TV I like, find this -- and everybody else hates it. Typical.

I read the 4 main reasons it failed with viewers. #1, the very thing I like best about it! It's jumping time line.
If you get up to for a drink, answer the phone or use the restroom, there’s a good chance you will be completely lost when you return to the television
In other words: you have to pay attention to the story! Oh my gods, spare us from stories we can't walk out of and return and miss nothing.

Am I on the wrong planet, or what?

No comments: