Saturday, June 16, 2012

Olympic Trials: Collegians face challenge of drawing out peak performance multiple times | OregonLive.com

Olympic Trials: Collegians face challenge of drawing out peak performance multiple times | OregonLive.com:

"Oregon distance runner Jordan Hasay, who will compete in the 5,000 meters at the trials, echoed Marra, stressing the importance of athletes respecting their coaches.

"My coach noticed that once I do peak, I kind of sit there for a little bit," Hasay said. "I wanted to start peaking around this time in the season so I would have enough going into the Olympic trials."

Hasay set a U.S. high school record in the 1,500 at the 2008 Olympic trials in a performance that thrilled the Hayward Field crowd and set off her path toward becoming a Duck. Four years later, she is hoping to make the U.S. team. "

After Hasay's high school victory, thousands in the stands chanted endlessly, "Come to Oregon! Come to Oregon!" I remember the moment well on TV. Quite a sight. And she came to Oregon.

No comments: