Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Keeping the faith

If there's one thing I have faith in, it's the value of my literary archive (here).. There are things in there that will work as well far down the timeline as now. I'll never know, of course, so this is an irrational belief of faith. Call me egocentric or wrong or defensive or delusional or even a Republican, but I believe this to my core. The wonderfully mysterious scene of Sirc discovering my essay in a basement library, about which I've written before (here), will be repeated. And that's pretty cool, even if I'm not around to enjoy it. I'm enjoying it now, which is why I sometimes can be seen smiling as if for no reason.

I'm learning that all those seemingly mad old coots on the street may not be so mad after all. They just know something I don't know.

No comments: