Friday, February 26, 2010

The sleepless mind

Up at this hour paying bills, writing checks, of all things. Actually I want to practice banjo but not a good idea at 3 a.m. with a sleeping woman in my bed. So here I am in my basement office, writing checks instead. A pile of bills to pay, too. It's amazing how much it costs to exist.

But this will be a full music day! While I'm down here, I'll listen to the score with earphones and prepare to attack it again, finishing the duet I interrupted in midstream. I also want to get a song good enough to record at higher quality and hear what it sounds like. I tried that yesterday before heading out and the parts where I didn't make mistakes sounded quite good. Duh. Seriously, I think I am getting the banjo sound. The Seeger strum I did half a century ago didn't have the same drive that clawhammer style has.

I always can return to bed and listen to Mike and Mike in the Morning, the best sports show on radio.

No comments: