Friday, October 16, 2009

A glorious day of red ink

My students sometimes look horrified when they get their script pages back, filled with my red ink. And yet this is the best part of the writing process, RE-writing, and to this end I just printed out the novella and plan to spend a wonderful morning filling my own pages with red ink. I like how rational this part of the process is, compared to the fragility of original creation. It promises to be a good morning.

We have a storm coming. I plan to rake leaves later this morning, maybe starting at 11, and I hope the storm waits for me.

Two good football games tomorrow, Oklahoma-Texas, USC-Notre Dame, and UCLA plays Cal but needs to play a hell of a lot better. Idaho, in which I've taken interest, plays Hawaii.

Visiting for an evening and morning with old friends from L.A. was a battery charge. Damn, I wish I had some friends left in Pdx, as opposed to acquaintances. I have a ton of these. But all my close friends here died or moved away. Mostly the former.

No comments: