Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Voices from the past

I announced the review widely, and as I result I'm hearing from folks I haven't been in contact with for ages. Two include the director of and an actor in my MFA thesis play at the University of Oregon.

Not a very good play. The local reviewer called it "ponderous Pinter" but a friend wrote to letter to more accurately describe it as "awkward Albee." Yet it had its moments. The actor says his first date with his future wife was to our cast party. I like associations like that. It balances the woman in tears I saw at intermission, deeply affected by what she saw, so much so that I skipped the rest of the play, pacing around outside, wondering if this is what I wanted to do with my life, bringing folks to tears. I decided Yes ha ha.

No big plans today. I'll skip fireworks to stay home and comfort the dog, who also had a hard time last night with the loud previews. H will go off with a girlfriend to catch them somewhere. The dog and I will be under the bed.

No comments: