Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Once a writer...

Six weeks ago, stumbling upon the good quality of video from The Flip, I became obsessed with the possibility of making digital short films all summer. Six weeks later I have a number of completed projects and more in the works -- but, finally taking a breather, I find myself missing the seclusion and privacy of writing prose. I'm printing my Cold War novel-in-progress to take with me to Idaho, and I'm stewing once again about NAILS IN MY COFFIN, a project that excites me very much. I think by fall and the start of school, I'll be ready to "be a writer" again -- if not before. Not that I'm stopping the digital stuff. I just won't be as singularly focused and obsessed about it. I want to get some of my students to do this as well. You learn a hell of a lot about storytelling.

It actually will be good to get away from the routine for a few days. I've been working too damn hard lately.

No comments: