Thursday, October 18, 2012

Round Bend Press: McGovern

Round Bend Press: McGovern:

Nice historical reminder by TS.

I almost was interviewed on public radio the night of McG's landslide defeat. I'd placed in some contest or other at NPR, anyway I was on the list, and Susan Stanberg called me at the university before the election to set up an interview election night with a McG supporter -- it was in the wind that he'd lose. Sure, I'll do it I said. Thing is, I didn't have a home phone at the time (!!!) so used the next door neighbor's number. So election night, sure enough, SS calls and the neighbor runs over to get me. I go to the phone and JUST as the live interview is about to start in earnest, McG gives a concession speech and we cut away to that, my big moment lost ha ha. But it was pretty exciting nonetheless.

No comments: