Thursday, October 20, 2011

Let's have coffee

Meeting tomorrow with a director from Brazil who's been working on a project in town. He was impressed with a script of mine, wants to chat about possibly commissioning a script or otherwise having my input. I snooped around his website and he's much into expanding the parameters of storytelling (which echoes my interest in hyperdrama, of course), so we may have something in common.

What's best about this meeting is I am retired and not "hungry" for a project, so the younger writer's stress that commonly is part of such a meeting, a younger writer always looking for a gig, is absent, and whatever is offered, I can take or not take strictly according to the fun factor and/or remuneration factor. At any rate, I like what's he up to and it will be cool to meet him. Of course, it's a good way to enter a meeting, with someone admiring your work. I suspect I will admire his work as well. I certainly like where he's coming from.

No comments: