Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Connection!

A dear old writer friend, now 88 in a retirement community in Lake Oswego, PK, called me before Christmas asking if Juniper Tavern were being performed anywhere -- but she left no contact info! I couldn't track her down. Today, in the office, I found an old saved message, saved by an office mate I presume, from her
again and this had a return phone number. Just talked to her, got her address, and will visit her soon, meanwhile send her some DVDs of recent things -- she's one of my most loyal fans. Great to reconnect with her! I met her almost 30 yrs ago when she took a workshop of mine at Fishtrap. I got her a production of her one act comedy THE COWBOY OF THE WESTERN WORLD, if I recall the title right. She says she is blind but still writing. She can't see the computer screen but her fingers "remember" how to do it. Amazing woman.

No comments: