Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Adventures in the snow, or how I survived bad driving

After lunch it started snowing again like crazy. By the time I was thinking of heading for school, I worried that even if I made it to park and ride, I wouldn't make it back if it kept snowing. Better head out on foot. The closest bus stop was out because the bus is hourly and wanders through neighborhood hills, not reliable for this weather. About a mile up the hill was Barbur and a frequent bus from the community college. Despite my bad knee, I headed out in the snow, which was still coming down strongly.

Just about the time I was thinking, This is kinda pretty, I looked up and saw a car coming at me sideways! I guess the fool had slammed on his breaks coming downhill and went into a spin. I managed to jump out of the way just in time and let the guy crash into a mail box. I continued on my way since I was in no mood to be nice to him.

Now I worry about getting home.

No comments: