Saturday, April 19, 2008

Student work at a professional level

One of my students from last term's extraordinary class, who was one of three who completed a feature script in 10 weeks, and a good one at that, presented me with a new complete script at the start of this term (he's taking the advanced option to continue). Although it's in the horror genre, not my favorite, I was riveted by this suspenseful tale, cleanly written, terrific characters, lots of suspense and frights -- and this is such a popular genre, I think he has a real shot at selling it. Moreover, he's been a "freelance" Sundance goer for years, making many industry contacts. He just loves film. Well, I'll be surprised if he doesn't sell this script or another soon. He's written two first rate screenplays since the first of the year. Go, R.S.!

No comments: